EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW, I LEARNED FROM BEING A GIRL GUIDE LEADER
1. Green is always an appropriate fashion statement.
2. There is no such thing as trash, only future craft supplies.
3. Sleeping under the stars is invigorating to the soul.
4. You can survive in the wilderness with a flashlight and a pocketknife.
5. Girl Guide cookies have no fat and no calories.
6. Walk softly and carry a copy of SafeGuide.
7. Always travel with a buddy.
8. Don’t cry over spilled paint and don’t sweat the small stuff.
9. Girls like to be seen and heard.
10. No song is too silly to sing and nobody sings off key.
11. Working on a team is much easier than working alone.
12. Plans gone awry can lead to the very best times.
13. That responsibility, opportunity, hard work and success are all related.
14. Girls really can rub two sticks together to make a fire.
15. You can learn something from the tiniest Spark.
16. Good friends are like silver and gold.
17. There is no substitute for advance preparation.
18. There is no such thing as failure, only a change in plans.
19. You are never too old to try new things.
20. Leadership is a two way street.
21. Sharing knowledge is truly a path to immortality.
22. Never let petty politics keep you from your mission.
23. Patience really is a virtue.
24. If a Girl Guide Leader can’t do it, nobody can.
25. A girl’s smile is worth a thousand words.
26. If they are leading or succeeding, they probably were a Girl Guide.